Why the sudden push for workshops and seminars? Well, I just got back from my favorite annual conference - ImagingUSA organized by the Professional Photographers of America, and I’m feeling inspired. I'm glad they schedule it for January to start off the year with a bang and remind me why these types of events are worth the investment. In case you’re not convinced, Professional Development helps you in these ways…
- Ongoing Improvement – The more tools you add to your toolbox, the more you have to offer, right? It takes a lot of hats to run a small business, so there's always more to learn. Of course, it doesn’t always have to be something new. Maybe you just want to practice what you already do. In today’s economy, efficiency is huge, and every effort to improve your game can really pay off. I’m totally the nerd that relishes in aha moments every time I learn something that solves a previous challenge because now I can do more of what I love and that much better.
- Networking – Who doesn't love meeting up with like minded people in your particular field? Share wins and challenges. Learn from each other’s stories. Develop connections you can turn to in the future. Find people with similar techniques and visions. You can bounce ideas off each other and consider collaborative opportunities.
- Renewed Inspiration – Running a creative business can at times feel like you're all alone. Come together with a group of your peers, and beyond networking, you can renew your connection to the industry. Rediscover why you love what you do and explore new ideas to potentially add to your offerings.
Professional Development Opportunities in Austin
- Artist Resource Center at the Dougherty Arts Center
- City of Austin Artist Career Training
- Art Classes & Parties for Adults at CRAFT
- Learn New Skills at Paper + Craft Pantry
- Tech Skills with General Assembly
- BossBabesATX Women's Organization
- Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts
- BizAid Business Education
- Creatives Meet Business
- Chula League Workshops
This is list is as of January 2018. There are constantly new opportunities popping up, so I'll share those on Social Media. If there are any I missed, I'd love to hear about them!