I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving, but know that come Friday through Monday afterwards, many Americans dive head first into shopping. Maybe it's because big box retailers have figured out that they can drive a crazy amount of sales by offering incentives. Well, you can too! If you wait even a week to start taking about giving, you may miss out. So here's what I recommend:
- Spread Awareness about your best handmade gift items.
- Drive shoppers to your website or holiday events to peruse.
- Help them see why your gifts are as special as the recipient.
- Entice them to buy now instead of waiting for other options.
- Primary: Buyers who will give your gifts
- Secondary: Recipients who ask for your gifts
- Social Media
- Email Marketing
- Website Popup
- Flyers at Events
- Start with what you have to offer and various gift giving ideas.
- At least a week before, share a teaser about any discounts or sales.
- Announce the kick off so people know to start buying.
- Remind people before the sale closes to act before it's too late.
- Thank your buyers for supporting you this holiday season.
- Buy One Get One - Free / Half Off / Etc.
- Volume Discount - The more you buy
- Bundling Offer - Discount for combining items
- Flash Sale - One day only, quick hit sale
- Free Shipping - Always a favorite incentive
- Free Gift - A little something extra
- Don't discount your work too much so people still value it.
- Be sure you have the inventory ready to ship sooner after the sale.
- Make sure you aren't spammy in your promotional messaging.
- Emphasize the handmade, local qualities of your work.
- Branded, giftable packaging will save time and impress buyers.
- Start telling shoppers the deadlines for buying so they can plan.