- Better not to rely on your personal Profile for a professional presence.
- Allow people to "Like" you for updates instead of connecting as Friends.
- Make sure the name you choose is consistent & representative.
2. Choose the Most Fitting Category
- Help people find you & easily identify what you do as a Local Business.
- Based on your category, you can get access to features. Learn more.
3. Use Representative & Engaging Imagery
- Always have both a Page Profile Photo & Cover Photo for a complete page.
- People look before they read, so show them who you are & what you make.
- Include your Logo or another identifiable image if you have one.
- Update your images regularly for events or special news.
4. Thoroughly Complete your About Section
- Include a description, contact information, links to your website, etc.
- Don't make people dig through Posts to find out about you.
- Tell your story so people can get to know what's special about you.
5. Choose a Custom URL / Username
- Make yourself quick to find when people search on & off Facebook.
- Having a username gives you a URL that's easy to share. Learn more.
6. Create Photo Albums
- Show off your excellent work in an organized, visual fashion.
- Create albums for different subject matter, techniques or events.
- Plan to add over time, new images in old albums & new albums.
7. Start Posting Relevant Content
- Have a content rich Page that shows your work & what inspires you.
- Backdate a few posts to show previous activity if you just launched.
- People are more likely to "Like" active Pages with reasons to engage.
- Create milestones to mark important dates for your artist career.
- Your Facebook Page should not be a static presence.
- A Page is a chance to inform, intrigue, entice & engage.
- Informal planning is fine, just keep these points in mind:
- Post on a regular basis, at least one update every few days.
- Try to use a variety of Post types - Photos, links, news, questions etc.
- Give your Fans a reason to interact with you or give input.
- Update Fans about upcoming events a couple times before.
- Share photos, recaps & thanks for event visitors.
- Try giveaways or exclusive discounts like Offers to reward loyalty.
- Watch Page Insights to know what's working for your Fans.
- Promote Posts for extra exposure across Fans & non-Fans.
- Schedule Posts one per week or month to save time.
- Learn more about Posting Best Practices.
- Start with your goals in mind to determine the best type of Ad.
- Build Awareness for your Brand & Events
- Drive Traffic to Your Website or Online Store
- Promote Sales of your Art & Handmade Goods
- Outline your ideal audience based on demographics & interests.
- Be mindful of Facebook's advertising policies & community guidelines.
- Understand which metrics matter most to gauge your success.